Welcome to Mothercare UK Limited Terms and Conditions for use.
Please read this agreement carefully.
These represent the Terms and conditions for using this service.
If you do not agree to these, you may not use this Website.
We reserve the right, at our discretion, to update and/or revise these Terms and Conditions
Please check periodically for changes.
You are permitted to use our Website solely on the basis of these Terms and Conditions. This legal notice applies to the contents of the website under the domain name Mothercarejobs ("Website").
1. Use of the website
1.1 Subject to these Terms and Conditions you are authorised to view and download our Website for your personal use only. Mothercare UK Limited may change, suspend or discontinue the Website at any time, including the availability of any feature, database, or content. Mothercare UK Limited may also impose limits on certain features and services or restrict your access to parts or all of this Website without notice or liability.
1.2 You shall be responsible for obtaining and maintaining any equipment or ancillary services needed to connect to, access or otherwise use the Website, including, without limitation, modems, hardware, software, and long distance or local telephone service.
1.3 Any Mothercare UK Limited Site may contain additional terms (for example conduct guidelines) that further govern the use of that Mothercare UK Limited Website, including without limitation particular features or offers (for example competitions). If any Terms and Conditions contained in this agreement conflict with any Terms and Conditions contained within a Mothercare UK Limited Careers Site, then the Terms and Conditions in this agreement shall prevail.
3. Intellectual property
3.1 The content of the Website and the Mothercare UK Limited career Sites are protected by copyright, trade marks, database and other intellectual property rights. You may retrieve and display the content of the Website and the Mothercare UK Limited career Sites on a computer screen, store such content in electronic form on disk (but not any server or other storage device connected to a network) or print one copy of such content for your own personal, non-commercial use, provided you keep intact all and any copyright and proprietary notices. You may not otherwise reproduce, modify, copy or distribute or use for commercial purposes any of the materials or content on the Websites without written permission from Mothercare UK Limited.
4.1 You agree to indemnify and hold Mothercare UK Limited harmless from all liabilities, claims and expenses that arise out of the content you submit, post or transmit via the Website or the Mothercare UK Limited career Sites, or from your use/misuse of the sites or the use/misuse by any person for whom you are responsible or from your violation of the Terms and Conditions.
5.1 The Website may provide, or third parties may provide, links to other websites or resources. As Mothercare UK Limited has no control over such websites and resources you agree that links to third party websites are provided solely for your convenience and Mothercare UK Limited is not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources and is not liable for the content found at such sites or resources. If you decide to access any third party websites linked to the website you do so entirely at your own risk.
6. Limitations of Liability
6.1 This Website and the Mothercare UK Limited career Sites are provided on an "AS IS" basis, without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including, without limitation, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement.
6.2 Mothercare UK Limited assumes no liability for any viruses or any other disabling features that affect your access to or use of the Website or the Mothercare UK Limited career Sites.
6.3 Mothercare UK Limited assumes no liability for any incompatibility between the Website or the Mothercare UK Limited career Sites and other websites, services, software and hardware.
6.4 Mothercare UK Limited assumes no liability for any delays or failures you may experience in initiating, conducting or completing any transmissions or transactions in connection with the Website or the Mothercare UK Limited career Sites.
6.5 Mothercare UK Limited assumes no liability for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of any of its Websites, domain names or services.
6.6 Mothercare UK Limited assume no liability for any use of the Website or the Mothercare UK Limited career Sites including, without limitation, direct, indirect, incidental or consequential loss or damages or any loss of profits, loss of revenue business interruption, loss or programme or otherwise. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude or limit Mothercare UK Limited liability for:a) death or personal injury caused by negligence; orb) fraud or misrepresentation; orc) any liability which cannot be excluded or limited under law.
7. Force majeure
7.1 While Mothercare UK Limited endeavours to ensure the Website is available 24 hours a day, Mothercare UK Limited shall not be liable if for any reason the Website is unavailable at any time, for any period.
8. Termination8.1 Mothercare UK Limited reserves the right, in our absolute discretion, to terminate your access to all or part of the Website or the Mothercare UK Limited career Sites without notice. Upon such termination or suspension you will be denied access to any information or files you have stored on the Mothercare UK Limited Website or Mothercare UK Limited career Sites.
9.1 The failure of either party to exercise in any respect any right provided for herein shall not be deemed a waiver of any further rights hereunder.
9.2 If any provision of this Agreement is found to be unenforceable or invalid, that provision shall be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that this Agreement shall otherwise remain in full force and effect and enforceable.9.3 This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and the parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.10. Company detailsMothercare UK Limited, Cherry Tree Road, Watford, Hertfordshire, WD24 6SH
“The information that you provide in your online profile and your application will be used to process your application and if you are successful in your application the data will be used to administer your personnel record. Before you create your online profile or start your application please read our Candidate Privacy Notice that contains more details on how and why we use your data. By clicking Create My Account or Continue with Application you confirm that you have read and understood the terms of Candidate Privacy Notice and that you agree that your data will be held and used as described in the Privacy Notice.”
Mothercare UK Limited is a “data controller”. This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you. You have access to this privacy notice because you have requested job alerts and/or you are applying to work with us (whether as an employee, worker or contractor). It makes you aware of how and why your personal data will be used, namely for the purposes of the recruitment exercise, and how long it will usually be retained for. It provides you with certain information that must be provided under the General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) (GDPR).
We will comply with data protection law and principles, which means that your data will be:
• Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way.
• Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes.
• Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes.]Accurate and kept up to date.
• Accurate and kept up to date.
• Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about.
• Kept securely.
In connection with your application for work with us, we will collect, store, and use the following categories of personal information about you:
• The information you have provided to us in your online account registration.
• The information you have provided to us in your curriculum vitae and covering letter.
• The information you have provided on our application form, including name, title, address, telephone number, personal email address, date of birth, gender, employment history, qualifications.
• Any information you provide to us during an interview, including video interviews or videos you submit to us.
• Psychometric and ability tests.
We may also collect, store and use the following “special categories” of more sensitive personal information:
• Information about your race or ethnicity, religious beliefs, sexual orientation and political opinions.
• Information about your health, including any medical condition, health and sickness records.
• Information about criminal convictions and offences.
We collect personal information about candidates from the following sources:
• You, the candidate.
• Recruitment agencies that we use from which we collect information you have provided to them, including name, title, address, telephone number, personal email address, date of birth, gender, employment history and qualifications.
• Your named referees, from whom we collect the following categories of data: name of employer, dates of employment and job title.
• Data from third party publicly accessible sources, including LinkedIn and Google.
• Reference agencies.
We will use the personal information we collect about you to:
• Assess your skills, qualifications, and suitability for the role.
• Carry out background and reference checks, where applicable.
• Communicate with you about the recruitment process.Keep records related to our hiring processes.
• Comply with legal or regulatory requirements.
It is in our legitimate interests to decide whether to appoint you to the role since it would be beneficial to our business to appoint someone to that role.
We also need to process your personal information to decide whether to enter into a contract of employment with you.
Having received your CV and covering letter, or your application form, we will then process that information to decide whether you meet the basic requirements to be shortlisted for the role. If you do, we will decide whether your application is strong enough to invite you for an interview. If we decide to call you for an interview, we will use the information you provide to us at the interview to decide whether to offer you the role. If we decide to offer you the role, we will then take up references.
If you fail to provide information when requested, which is necessary for us to consider your application (such as evidence of qualifications or work history), we will not be able to process your application successfully. For example, if we require references for a role and you fail to provide us with relevant details, we will not be able to take your application further.
We will use your particularly sensitive personal information in the following ways:
• We will use information about your disability status to consider whether we need to provide appropriate adjustments during the recruitment process, for example whether adjustments need to be made during an interview.
• We will use information about your disability, gender, race or national or ethnic origin, religious, philosophical or moral beliefs, or sexual orientation, to ensure meaningful equal opportunity monitoring and reporting.
We envisage that we will process information about criminal convictions.
We will collect information about your criminal convictions history if we would like to offer you the role (conditional on checks and any other conditions, such as references, being satisfactory). We are entitled to carry out a criminal records check in order to satisfy ourselves that there is nothing in your criminal convictions history which makes you unsuitable for the role. In particular:
• If we are legally required by law or other regulatory body to carry out criminal record checks for those carrying out the role.
• The role requires a high degree of trust and integrity; for example, if it involves dealing with financial information or particularly commercially sensitive information and so we would like to ask you to seek a basic disclosure of your criminal records history. We have in place safeguards which we are required by law to maintain if we decide to process such data.
You will not be subject to decisions that will have a significant impact on you based solely on automated decision-making.
Why might you share my personal information with third parties?
We will only share your personal information with the following third parties for the purposes of processing your application: recruitment agencies, reference agencies, ability and psychometric test providers. All our third-party service providers and other entities in the group are required to take appropriate security measures to protect your personal information in line with our policies. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes. We only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need-to-know. They will only process your personal information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
How long will you use my information for?
We will retain your personal information for a period of 18 months after we have communicated to you our decision about whether to appoint you to the role. We retain your personal information for that period so that we can show, in the event of a legal claim, that we have not discriminated against candidates on prohibited grounds and that we have conducted the recruitment exercise in a fair and transparent way. After this period, we will securely destroy your personal information in accordance with [our data retention policy or applicable laws and regulations.
If we wish to retain your personal information on file, on the basis that a further opportunity may arise in future and we may wish to consider you for that, we will write to you separately, seeking your explicit consent to retain your personal information for a fixed period on that basis.
Your rights in connection with personal information Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
• Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
• Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
• Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below). We have the right to retain your personal information when we have a legitimate interest to do so.
• Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
• Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
• Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
If you want to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your personal information, object to the processing of your personal data, or request that we transfer a copy of your personal information to another party, please contact email@example.com.
When you applied for this role, you provided consent to us processing your personal information for the purposes of the recruitment exercise. You have the right to withdraw your consent for processing for that purpose at any time. To withdraw your consent, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your application and, subject to our retention policy, we will dispose of your personal data securely.
If you have any questions about this privacy notice or how we handle your personal information, please contact email@example.com. You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues.